Our new land mapping website Land Explorer uses maps and open data to help you find the information you need to understand the land around you. Please help us by giving it a go and filling in our (very short) feedback form!
We launched Land Explorer in January, and a few small improvements later it’s really starting to show people the potential of the project. We’ve already had some great feedback from users who are enjoying Land Explorer and are excited about its potential.
Some key features:
- A beautiful map base and some land cover data from OpenStreetMap and Mapbox
- Access to data on soil quality, flooding, and planning
- Ability to look up ownership information via smart link to Land Registry website
- You can share locations and information with friends on email or social media
- Lots of information explaining why the data is useful and how to interpret and use it
- Lots of links to other cool projects and information
We’re now thinking about next steps for developing the project and for that we need feedback. We set up a very short feedback form for people to fill in. There are only a few questions, and none are compulsory so if you just want to leave a comment that’s fine as well.
We want to know:
- What people want to use Land Explorer for. We’ve blogged about some of the people we things it might be useful for, but we’d love to know who more about who is accessing it at the moment.
- What people like or dislike about existing features and why
- What new features and data people would like to see